Monday, September 9, 2013

Maryann DiEdwardo Ed.D. Independent Scholar 2013 Interests and Research

     In my recent career as a writer, I have published 30 books and numerous articles. My current positions include Writing Coach at Lehigh University Computer Science and Engineering Graduate Department in the fall semester. I also work as a specialist in distance learning for University of Maryland University College; additionally, I perform design for course templatesand lecture on models, frameworks, and paradigms. I teach American Women Writers, History of the English Language, Seminar in Poetry, Renaissance Lit, the Novel, and Structured Writing Courses. 

    I serve on the Board of the National QiGong Organization. I also volunteer for two committees for the NQA: (1) Certification and (2) Research and Education. I also present lectures for professional conferences in the United States concerning strategies in educational leadership, health education about alternative practices, and teaching techniques. As an Adjunct Professor, I teach both traditional and distance learning. For 40 years, I have worked for Pennsylvania Colleges and Universities. 

    At Lehigh Carbon Community College in 2006, I designed the first distance learning class that the college offered in English 2 with a Classical Literature concentration. The class included short story, poetry, drama and fiction units in an eight week session. Currently, for the University of Maryland University College, I 

teach literature, research, poetry and writing through distance learning paradigm and also consult for the design of the class entitled The Modern Novel. I teach the following courses and concentrations at UMUC throughout the year: American Women's Literature both pre and post 1900; graduate and undergraduate level classes; The History of the English Language; Creative Writing. 

    At DeSales University, I taught Introduction to Drama and American Literature Colonial through Romantic (1450 to 1890) in eight week sessions;  Classical Literature including Greek and Roman Drama, Stage History, Elizabethan Period, Shakespeare, James Joyce, British Poetry and American Literature. My recent classes that I taught at Lehigh have concentrated on the works of Zora Neale Hurston and Toni Morrison; other classes included concentrations in Jack Kerouac and the Beat Period, and British Literature with a specialty in Charles Dickens in my recent presentations for international conferences. In my graduate program at Lehigh, I heavily concentrated on Native American Literature; and in my undergraduate studies at Penn State University, I focused on Stage History and Film Studies. 

    At Lehigh University, I have lectured at  conferences for our English and Education Departments on Cultural Diversity and on Feminism. In classes, I offer presentations on Transcendentalism. I also studied American and British Poetry, and I have taught Film Theory which I have emphasized as a themed class to teach writing based on film theory with concentrations in American Film History at Lehigh University in English 1 and 2. I am prepared to teach creative non-fiction, short story, and have recently published a juvenile fiction book  and a set of short stories. My undergraduate degree is in Theatre Arts from Penn State University. AtLehigh University, I concentrated on Stage History 1980 (As You Like It) (performances by Katharine Hepburn, Vanessa Redgrave, Dame Edith Evans) and published a book in 2005 based on my thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment